The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation (CBRHF) has a long and proud history of Cape Bretoners taking care of Cape Bretoners.
Established in 1985 by a group of community volunteers led by Jack Yazer (1913-2015), the first mission of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation was to lobby for a regional centre for health, now known as the Cape Breton Regional Hospital (CBRH).
Construction of the CBRH began in 1990, and simultaneously our Foundation launched its first capital campaign. A total of $6 million was raised – $3 million was committed to the Hospital’s construction, and $3 million was committed to building and equipping Cape Breton’s first Cancer Centre.
The CBRH first opened in 1995, while the Cape Breton Cancer Centre opened in 1998, helping to ensure more Cape Bretoners receive the care they need, here at home.
Since our establishment, with the support and generosity of our donors, the CBRHF has raised more than $55 million to support the healthcare needs of the people of Cape Breton Island, from their first to their last breaths.
Help to continue to strengthen healthcare, here in Cape Breton, by donating today.