Be a GEM and Give Every Month, because you care!
Monthly giving to the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is a convenient way to make a positive and lasting impact on healthcare in Cape Breton.
After a one-time set-up, you’ll have the ease of automatically giving every month, with no administration necessary.
Along with convenience, monthly giving is a great way to gift smaller, reoccurring donations, while building a total annual (tax deductible) gift of which you are proud.
5 Benefits of Becoming a GEM
- Impact – You’ll be directly and consistently supporting the needs of Cape Breton patients and the more than 600,000 visits made to the Cape Breton Regional Hospital annually.
- Convenience – provide your information once, give every month, have a big impact!
- Environmentally Friendly – no forms to complete each month, no postage, no envelopes.
- Further Your Dollar – administration costs for our Foundation are significantly reduced with monthly giving, (less paper, postage, human resources, etcetera) meaning more dollars are directly helping our community.
- Tax Deductible – 100 percent of your gifts are tax deductible, and you will receive a tax receipt annually.
Recognizing our GEMs
As a GEM of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation, you belong to a special and supportive group of individuals and organizations who are committed to strengthening healthcare here in Cape Breton.
In recognition of your generous and reliable gifts, your name will be displayed on our Donor Recognition Wall in the Cape Breton Regional Hospital; your name will be printed in our Annual Report; and, you and a guest will be invited to our annual holiday social.
Please note: If you wish to remain anonymous, please let our Foundation know, and your name will not be displayed on the Donor Recognition Wall or in the Annual Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I become a GEM?
If you’re using the online sign-up/donation form, enter your information and make sure to click the box that says “I would like to make this a monthly donation.”
2. How does becoming a GEM help the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation?
By becoming a GEM, you provide our Foundation with a predictable source of funding, helping to better plan for future initiatives.
Your year-round support also helps our Foundation to provide funds as needs arise. We receive daily requests to support the needs of Cape Breton patients and healthcare experts.
By giving every month, you help to ensure that Cape Breton patients can afford medications, equipment, travel and accommodations associated with their care, that they otherwise could not afford.
GEMs are a vital part of strengthening healthcare here in Cape Breton.
3. Who decides where my donation goes?
As a donor, you do! If you’re signing up online, choose from the drop-down list of funds before submitting your donation.
Whether you’re signing up online or by connecting with our Foundation, feel free to ask us more about the areas of care you can support with your monthly gift.
4. Can I stop my donations at any time?
Yes – we understand that situations change. If you need to cancel or change your monthly gift, contact Sheri Fortune:
5. Do I get a tax receipt with my donation?
Yes – your donations are 100 percent tax deductible, and you will receive a receipt annually from our Foundation.